Re: [O] running the new exporter asynchronously?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] running the new exporter asynchronously?
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 06:45:16 -0700

> Hello,
>
> Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Would there be a way for the export process to be asynchronous and not
>> lock emacs?
>
> Not yet.
>
> Actually that's, in my roadmap, the single last feature to implement
> before moving the new export engine into core.
>

> Regards,

In the interim it, one solution which I personally like for large
projects is to offload compilation into an external batch Emacs process.
I find this not only useful for compilation while working, but if you
place all relevant config into an init.el file loaded by the batch
Emacs, this also makes it possible to share and compile the project
separate of your personal Emacs config.

Attached is a bare-bones Makefile supporting this sort of work-flow.

Hope this helps,

Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte