Re: [O] org-caldav: Sync Org with external calendars through CalDAV (Own

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: [O] org-caldav: Sync Org with external calendars through CalDAV (Owncloud, Google, ...)
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 20:19:54 +0100

Stephen Eglen writes:
>> I think it is a problem somewhere with my local setup; if I add the
>> following to .authinfo (chmod 600) then it uses the right username:
>>
>> Machine www.google.com login my-gmail-login
>>
>> I'm now about to see how to setup .authinfo.gpg so that I can also
>> include my password in that file.
>
> Hmmm. not having any luck here; it works with .authinfo, but not with
> .authinfo.gpg in Emacs 24.1.

It's bug:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2012-07/msg00674.html

Not sure if that fix is in 24.2, but surely the latest pretest for 24.3
should work (which is pretty stable).

I'm still wondering why it didn't work at the beginning. I mean, even if
you had your Google username set in some .netrc or .authinfo, the
password should still work?

-David