Re: [O] Org Writer's room

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] Org Writer's room
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 10:11:50 +0100

On 06/12/12 09:36, Jambunathan K wrote:

> I am attaching screen shot of LibreOffice UI.

Nice - I cusomised libreoffice immediately to look like that - nice.

> On the left is the navbar. - You can quickly navigate to any heading, a table
> or a captioned
> figure.

Couldn't the navbar from emacs be used for that? I haven't used it in a long
time, but in ecb
(Emacs Code Browswer) it is used for this - see Screenshots on
http://ecb.sourceforge.net/ for how
it looks there.

> On the right is the style - one can choose char, paragraph, frame, list
> styles - at point. - In
> case of Org it will probably be element or point at point.

Not clear what you mean, but I would imagine the properties at cursor location
(with the different
levels of the properties from file via section to block)

> In the center, toward lower right is the jump to next and prev element arrows.
>
> So the global view, doc view and local view seems to be pretty universal
> across all UIs.

Well - kind of ecb for org files - saying that, it might be possible to use ecb
for that?

Cheers,

Rainer