Re: [O] Org Writer's room

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: [O] Org Writer's room
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 11:51:47 +0100

Rainer M. Krug writes:
> On 06/12/12 09:36, Jambunathan K wrote:
>> On the left is the navbar. - You can quickly navigate to any
>> heading, a table or a captioned
>> figure.
>
> Couldn't the navbar from emacs be used for that? I haven't used it in
> a long time, but in ecb
> (Emacs Code Browswer) it is used for this - see Screenshots on
> http://ecb.sourceforge.net/ for how
> it looks there.

Speedbar can use 'imenu' to get a list of tags, and org supports
'imenu', so it pretty much works right away, also without ECB. Just do

(require 'speedbar)
(speedbar-add-supported-extension ".org")

and fire up speedbar with

M-x speedbar

You can now be able to click on org files and you should see the section
headings. It should also be possible to generate a speedbar frame or
buffer which only shows the tags of the current file, like ECB does, but
I would have to look that up if that's important.

-David