[O] unicode in org-mode

From: Doug Lewan
Subject: [O] unicode in org-mode
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 17:18:49 +0000

For notes (and other things) I tend to use non-ASCII characters fairly freely.
(Among them the most common are: ∃ -- there is, ∀ -- every, ∈ -- in, ∴ --
therefore, ≡, arrows, bullets, checks, subscripts, superscripts, etc.)

It would be nice to be able to configure org-mode to handle them nicely. (Where
"nicely" means in exactly the vague way that I want.)

(1) Bullets are for bullet lists. It would be nice if they could be interpreted
as such.
(2) The other symbols (∃, ∀, etc.) are natural for LaTeX, but they would have
to expand to things like \assuremath{\exists}.

Is there currently any way (short of hacking org-mode code) to accomplish this?
If not, what is the official venue for feature requests?
I'm willing to help, but I can't do so at this address.

Thanks.

,Douglas
Douglas Lewan
Shubert Ticketing
(201) 489-8600 ext 224

When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad and that's my religion.
- Abraham Lincoln