Re: [O] info for org not found in emacs

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] info for org not found in emacs
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 12:31:46 -0500

Charles <address@hidden> wrote:

> As I described earlier my earlier attempt, i.e. added
> INFOPATH=/home/Charlie/elisp/org-mode/doc/ to
> my bash_profile loaded the latest org manual into the general info tree but
> so was org manual
> version 7.9.1; however, when I was in emacs (the bash_profile was still
> modified) and called info,
> only the latest org manual was shown; none of the rest of the info tree was
> shown and I could not
> access it.

The doc for Info-default-directory-list says:

,----
| Once Info is started, the list of directories to search
| comes from the variable `Info-directory-list'.
| This variable `Info-default-directory-list' is used as the default
| for initializing `Info-directory-list' when Info is started, unless
| the environment variable INFOPATH is set.
`----

IIUC, this implies that INFOPATH has to encompass *all* the places where
info files should be searched for. In my case, I have the following in
my .profile:

# standard places
INFOPATH=/usr/local/info:/usr/local/share/info:/usr/info:/usr/share/info
# org info dir
INFOPATH=/home/nick/src/emacs/org/org-mode/doc:$INFOPATH
export INFOPATH

Nick