Re: [O] babel perl issue

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] babel perl issue
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 09:11:23 -0700

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Please let me know if I can explain anything, or if you'd like to see
>> the patches before the hit the master branch.
>
> I've read the thread carefully and I cannot clearly see what problem
> we are trying to fix.  I acknowledge things can be cleaned up somehow,
> but I need to see the actual bug that we are fixing here... see my
> reply to Achim in the same thread.

This is refactoring not bug fixing.  The most important impact is that
this will provide for simpler requires by the files implementing support
for particular languages.  Rather than having to do piecemeal requires
of those portions of the Babel infrastructure which may be needed
locally they can simple (require 'ob) and bring in all of the Babel
support as a single unit.

Prior to this change there are language specific files which are using
tangle defcustoms which have not been required and thus are not in
scope.

Finally this consolidates Babel defcustoms into ob.el where they will be
more immediately brought into scope, and are more easily maintained.

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte