Re: [O] PDF docs from Org-mode: not valid PDF?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] PDF docs from Org-mode: not valid PDF?
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 16:24:36 +0100

Hi Michael,

Michael Hannon <address@hidden> writes:

> Greetings.  The woman that runs our research group complains that she is
> unable to print PDF documents that a couple of us in the group send her, and
> that the two of us are the only source of such troublesome documents.
>
> It occurred to me that the two of us are the only ones in the group that use
> Emacs Org-mode to produce PDF documents.

pdftex and other usual tools to convert from .tex to .pdf
do not validate PDF/A, as Karl said.

Here are some information on how to make a .tex that will
validate:

http://support.river-valley.com/wiki/index.php?title=Generating_PDF/A_compliant_PDFs_from_pdftex

I'm not in favor of importing this machinery into our LaTeX
exporter.

Hope this helps anyway,

--
 Bastien