Re: [O] babel perl issue

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] babel perl issue
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 11:13:14 -0700

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> This patch is still broken
>
> (I don't know why ~$ git format-patch master did not produce an
> applicable patch.)
>
> These three ones are applicable against master/68d4de2.
>
> Bare in mind this is just meant as a proof it "works", we can
> rework the patches later on.

These applied and I now see what they are doing.  This is equivalent to
moving all of the core Babel libraries into a single massive ob.el.  I
explicitly like the separation of functional units of Babel into
separate files, and this sort of refactoring would make Babel harder to
maintain in the future.

What do you find so unappealing about the existence of ob-core.el to
justify such drastic proposals?

Perhaps it would be possible to take all of those functions which are
defined in ob-core *and* are required by other components of Babel, and
move them to an ob-util.el file.  Then we could move the remaining
public facing functions of Babel which are not used in any of it's
components (e.g., org-babel-execute-src-block) and move them into ob.el.

Would that feel cleaner to you?

Thanks,

--
Eric Schulte