Re: [O] Adding tags when capturing?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Adding tags when capturing?
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 11:02:05 -0600

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 2:11 AM, Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Is there a shortcut to add tags when doing a capture? C-c C-c obviously
does not work.

If one could specify a list of tags from which to complete, it would be
great as well.

Are you using a template? I might be missing something, but it seems that orgmode already does this. Here's my todo template:

-----
    ("t" "task" entry (file+headline "~/org/projects.org" "Tasks")
         "* todo %? %^g\n%u" :prepend t)
-----

the =%^g= option has the capture window prompt for tags right away. Lower case g auto-completes for tags in the target file. =%^G= auto-completes with tags in any file in the agenda list.
http://orgmode.org/manual/Template-expansion.html#Template-expansion

Will that do what you're looking for?

John

Thanks a lot,