[O] Editing org source blocks enabled by org-src-fontify-natively?

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [O] Editing org source blocks enabled by org-src-fontify-natively?
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 07:01:28 -0500

My org-mode document http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.org uses org source
blocks like the following for example:

#+begin_src org :exports src
,* Health and Recreation
,* House Maintenance
#+end_src

My minimal emacs does not allow editing for this with C-c ' but when
org-src-fontify-natively is set to t it does.

This doesn't seem very intuitive to me -- it took me some time to
isolate what variable actually enables editing of org source blocks in
my setup.

Should it really act this way?  I like editing org source blocks with
C-c ' but I think it should either be enabled all the time (so not
fontifying natively will still allow org-edit-special to edit the
block) or it should be enabled with a specific user setup similar to

(add-to-list 'org-src-lang-modes (quote ("plantuml" . fundamental)))

I have the following bug reports to submit soon (hopefully later today)
related to editing source blocks:

1. source block editing on headings fail on 2nd source block
2. commas not removed
3. org-edit-special adds commas to the source repeatedly
4. Can't edit example blocks
5. Editing org src blocks doesn't work first time

Regards,
Bernt