Re: [O] Python code for producing Org tables

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Python code for producing Org tables
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 01:35:29 +0100

Hi François,

François Pinard <address@hidden> writes:

> I recently needed to produce Org tables from within Python, splitting
> them as needed to fit within a preset width.  I append the code after my
> signature, in case it would be useful to others (or even, if you have
> ideas to improve it).

Thanks for the code, if some can test it and put it on worg, all the
better (if you agree of course.)

> One thing I only realized after writing this, however, is that I wrongly
> thought Org mode was aligning floating numbers on the decimal period,
> while it merely right align floating numbers regardless of the position
> of the period.  So, I turn my mistake into a suggestion, as I think it
> would be more convenient if Org mode was aligning floating numbers more
> appropriately.

Is it a standard practise when displaying float numbers in
spreadsheets/tables?

If so, this is a nice Elisp challenge for anyone willing to
implement it :)  I won't try it myself for now.

--
 Bastien