Re: [O] Agenda highlighting bug

From: Simon Thum
Subject: Re: [O] Agenda highlighting bug
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 20:48:57 +0100

On 12/24/2012 09:48 AM, Bastien wrote:
Hi Simon,

Simon Thum<address@hidden>  writes:

I recently added an org file which is an import from our community service,
the so-called "Müllabfuhr", which I put in "müllabfuhr.org".

The agenda fails to highlight these entries however. It's not terrible,
actually it's JUST PERFECT because this is such a minor thing but it sucks
to miss it.

Could you provide a minimal config and example to reproduce this bug?
Special character should not prevent the inclusion of tasks in the
agenda, and I never noticed anything like this before...

I can't reproduce it currently, maybe it was just that most agenda entries are scheduled/dealined and the highlighting was actually normal.

The more difficult problem for me was that the agenda file in my case contains a list of files which is synchronised over systems. Wherever I add this file (win32 vs. linux) the other system fails to load the agenda then.

I dropped back to non-special surrogates but it feels like 90s. Can I set the agenda file's encoding or is there something else which comes to mind?

I'd also like to use this opportunity to ask about more graceful agenda handling of changed files. When someone (not emacs) touches agenda files, the agenda code fails horribly. That is even if the file is readonly or has the "#+READONLY" header (which seems menaingful only to org-mobile). It would be preferable to just reload in this case. ATM, I am queried about something related to reloading and the agenda cancels no matter what I say.

Cheers,

Simon