Re: [O] Org/LaTex setup for Business Letter Revisited

From: AW
Subject: Re: [O] Org/LaTex setup for Business Letter Revisited
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 08:31:51 +0100

Am Montag, 24. Dezember 2012, 09:42:08 schrieb Ian Barton:
> I have been following the various threads about using the scrlttr2
> class. However, none of them quite worked for me.
>
> I have come up with the following hack using Babel. There are three
> files attached which illustrates the general principles.

Ian, this is really of interest to me, but I don't quite get it.

> * koma variables which don't change are defined in an LCO file.

So this is the usual LCO file, in a place where kpathsea will find it, namely
at
~/texmf/tex/latex/   -- right?

> * koma variables (toaddress, etc) which change between letters are
> defined using org PROPERTIES.

> * a letter template in defined in a latex src block.
But what is the sense of having a LaTeX scr block? I'd like to outsource this
somewhere as a template. Or is it necessary in each file including a letter?

> * The letter body is written in an org_mode src block.
> * The final letter is produced by tangling the body, the lco file and
> the letter template.

"tangling" -- could you elaborate, please?

> In normal use you would simply modify the PROPERTIES and body text to
> suit each letter. The whole thing can probably be made into a yasnippet.

"the whole thing"? What has to be included in the snippet?

> Suggestions for improvement welcome, as the existing stuff is just a
> quick hack.
>

> Happy Christmas everyone and best wishes for the New Year.

Yeah, and thanks to you for your time and effort,

Alexander