Re: [O] C-c ^ for plain lists? Why not?

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] C-c ^ for plain lists? Why not?
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 08:59:41 +0800

On Dec 29, 2012 1:40 AM, "Bastien" <address@hidden> wrote:

> > 1. C-c ^ f org-sort-list-by-checkbox-type
> > 2. This puts the done items at the top, which I didn't want, so... C-c ^ F org-
> > sort-list-by-checkbox-type.
> > 3. Emacs goes into a tailspin (recovered by C-g).
>
> `org-list-get-item-end-before-blank' is meant to be used as an
> interactive function directly, not as a callback within `org-sort-list'.

I'm afraid this means rather little to me, and I haven't time now (in the middle of end-of-semester grading) to dig in and find where org-list-get-item-end-before-blank is being invoked from a function that doesn't directly reference it.

Since it's published hack, probably this should be fixed and updated on worg, or a note added to explain that you shouldn't use F with this function for now.

hjh