Re: [O] A mail client that is org-mode compatible

From: Gour
Subject: Re: [O] A mail client that is org-mode compatible
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 08:29:12 +0100

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 07:26:00 +0000
Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:

> For the OP, gnus is definitely the way to go as far as I am concerned.
> With the development version of gnus, org integration, including
> fontification of source code blocks and links, is excellent.

Due to OCaml, I'm returning back to Emacs/Orgmode and would like to
take advantage of orgmode's capabilities to link to email messages.

Afaict, there is no support in orgmode for Claws mailer which I use for
regular email, mailing lists (mostly via gmane) as well as rss reader.

is Gnus the only Emacs-based client which has good support for all of
these as well as good support for orgmode?

I'd also like to use Notmuch for quick searching and would fetch
mail via getmail and use locally running dovecot for serving IMAP...

Yesterday I read a bit about mu(4e), but it seems it handles only email
and not nntp?

Any hint?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The embodied soul may be restricted from sense enjoyment,
though the taste for sense objects remains. But, ceasing