Re: [O] Babel related bug in elpa version 20121231

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Babel related bug in elpa version 20121231
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 17:55:47 +0100

Robert Horn writes:
> All of my problems seem to arise from the bad interactions between
> starting with the built-in package version of org that is used by the
> org-babel-load-file, and then transitioning part way through its
> execution of the starter-kit.org to the elpa updated version of org.
> The result is much like a mixed version install of org.  Strange things
> go wrong.

This may provoke a different mode of failure, but maybe you could try to
add a "(package-initialize)" at the beginning of your ~/init.el.

> I like having the nicely formatted and documented setup that I get with
> an export to html of the org files that contain the startup scripts. My
> intended mode of operation is to have a customized set of starterkit.org
> files that can apply to everyone, with each user also having a
> ~/.emacs.d/<user>.org and a ~/.emacs.d/<machine>.org to provide further
> user customizations, including per machine variations for users who need
> different setups on different machines.

Again, I understand the appeal of starterkit, I just aren't too enamored
with its insistence to run through the Org files each time (but I may
not understand why it needs to do that).  IMHO, if it were tangling to
elisp, then these problems might not even exist.

Regards,
Achim.