[O] Using Pandoc for export to EPub and Mediawiki Re: Bug: Status of the

From: Bernhard F.W. Gschaider
Subject: [O] Using Pandoc for export to EPub and Mediawiki Re: Bug: Status of the org-mediawiki.el [7.8.11]
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2013 12:26:30 +0100

Hi all!

Am 24.10.12 15:43, schrieb Bastien:
> Hi Bernhard,
>
> Bernhard Gschaider <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> May question: Is the support for Mediawiki-export abandoned?
>
> For now, yes.
>
> But I think it would be a nice format to export to.

Just one question: does this HAVE to be implemented in org-mode/elisp
itself? I just stumbled on Pandoc
http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/README.html which can export from
several markup-languages to for instance MediaWiki (what I think is
weird is that it accepts org-mode as an output, but not as an input). So
one "only" has to write  an org-reader and get the project to accept it
and then there would be a number of output-formats (including ePub which
would be VERY cool) available for "free" (some duplicate existing formats).

I know that the "only" part is the hard thing. But there seems to be
somebody working on this already https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/476

If nobody is actively working on these export filters (Mediawiki) then
maybe "outsourcing" this conversion to pandoc and "only" integrating the
call into the "export menu" would be an interesting way to go

Bernhard