Re: [O] [new exporter] adhere org-export-date-timestamp-format?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] adhere org-export-date-timestamp-format?
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 16:29:56 +0100

Hello,

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

>> Though it may be the job of back-ends to provide such a variable
>> variable, whenever it makes sense.
>
> Yes, I think it's the job of backends.

For example, in the `e-latex' back-end, there is
`org-e-latex-date-format'.

Should the value of the variable be used as an argument for
`org-export-format-timestamp' if the #+DATE: keyword only contains
a timestamp object, and for `format-time-string' otherwise?

>> Another option would be to allow to specify an arbitrary timestamp as
>> a second, optional, argument to {{{time(...)}}} macro. One could then
>> use:
>>
>>   #+DATE: {{{time(%Y-%m-%d,<2013-01-06 Sun>)}}}
>
> I'm all for allowing macros in "document info" keywords
> (i.e. "#+title:" "#+author:" "#+email:" "#+date) though
> I'm not sure if it makes sense for other keywords than
> for "#+date", and maybe allowing macro here just for
> this use-case is to liberal.

Note that macros are already supported there (as in anything that will
be parsed).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou