Re: [O] [BUG] `org-load-noerror-mustsuffix´ is not defined, introduced

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] `org-load-noerror-mustsuffix´ is not defined, introduced by 5484a33b
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 08:04:12 +0100

Hi Eric,

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

> Alright, after adding the autoload declaration to the above function,
> and running "make autoloads" in the checked out Org-mode directory, I am
> able to load org.el successfully.  I just committed this change.

Are you sure adding ;;;###autoload was needed for this to work,
or was it just because you used `make autoloads'?

> I guess we inherited the need to run "make autoloads" when we got rid of
> org-install.el?

Not really.  It was always needed to create autoloads (either in
org-install.el or now in org-loaddefs.el) when using Org from Git.

See `make autoloads' for Org 7.7 already creates org-install.el:
http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/plain/Makefile?id=release_7.7

> Perhaps the Org-mode build [1] page (the target of the "installing Org
> mode" link at the top of the home page) shouldn't start with the
> sentence "Org can be run directly from sources".

Yes, I will update both the manual and the Worg page.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien