Re: [O] [BUG] `org-load-noerror-mustsuffix´ is not defined, introduced

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] `org-load-noerror-mustsuffix´ is not defined, introduced by 5484a33b
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 17:31:15 +0100

Hi Eric,

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

> Great, thank you for running this to ground.  After my last email I ran
> into the problem again, but didn't have the energy to continue
> debugging.

Yeah, I know how depressing this can be..

> To follow up on the instillation instructions.  Those in the manual look
> pretty good (I'm speaking specifically of org.texi in the master branch
> of the repository, not the online version of the manual which seems to
> be out of date and quickly dives into "make help" specifics).  My only
> suggestion would be that they include the following step.
>
>   ;; emacs-lisp
>   (require 'org)
>   (org-reload)

Both lines slow down Emacs startup quite a lot (especially the second
one!) and they are not necessary once the load-path is correct.

(require 'org) is only necessary when your are calling an org function
from within your .emacs.el, because we need to get the proper autoloads
before calling this function... I could add a note about this if you
think it's useful.

But normally, again, the load-path is enough.

As for (org-reload) I simply would like to get rid of it one day :)

--
 Bastien