Re: [O] OBBDB(3) or org-contacts

From: Gour
Subject: Re: [O] OBBDB(3) or org-contacts
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 09:36:59 +0100

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 08:34:58 +1030
Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:

> I use bbdb3; never got to grips with org-contacts and I have too
> many contacts in any case.

No performance issues?

> bbdb3 provides a subtle improvement to bbdb2: better more logical key
> bindings and less surprising behaviour overall.  I like it.

Does bbdb3 provide more freedom to have some custom fields in my
contacts structure?

> Org will interpret the "anniversary" (e.g. birthdays, wedding
> anniversary, other dates) field in bbdb entries to bring in
> information into the agenda view, if desired.  Look at
> =org-bbdb-anniversary-format-alist=.

Thank you for that. I wasn't aware of it.

> I am a confirmed gnus user.  No other email system comes close to
> doing what gnus can do.  Given the large volume of email I get,
> splitting and scoring are essential to survival!  Integration with
> bbdb is also obviously key for me.

I also decided to use Gnus, but, atm, have some problem with its setup.

The funny thing is that I use it in the past, but forgot some things in
the meantime. :-)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body,
from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes