Re: [O] [BUG] `org-load-noerror-mustsuffix´ is n ot defined, introduced

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] `org-load-noerror-mustsuffix´ is n ot defined, introduced by 5484a33b
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 23:07:06 -0700

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> If you are using the starter-kit, then Org-mode is required as the first
>> step of your Emacs initialization.  This is necessary so that the
>> `org-babel-load-file' function can be used to load your customization
>> from .org files.  In this case the best (only) way to ensure that the
>> most recent version of Org-mode is loaded is to add the path to your
>> Org-mode install to the emacs command line with something like the
>> following.
>>
>>   emacs --eval "(add-to-list 'load-path \"~/src/org-mode/lisp/\")"
>>
>> This may be simplified with a command line alias like the following.
>>
>>   alias emacs="emacs --eval '(add-to-list (quote load-path)
>> \"~/src/org-mode/lisp/\")'"
>>
>> When I find time I plan to add this to the starter-kit documentation.
>
> That would be a good idea, I remember having exactly that problem in the
> past using the starter-kit, but I worked it out somehow.
>
> At the moment I seem to have a more basic problem, since starting with
> emacs -Q the system knows about the org directory:
>
> M-x locate-library RET org.el:
> Library is file /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/lisp/org.el

Org-mode is built into Emacs, so there will be an Org-mode in the load
path from the moment Emacs starts.  This is not a problem in and of
itself.

The important thing is to put the path to the Org-mode you want to use
on the front of the load path (either with the command line flag above
or with an `add-to-list' in your config) *before* the first time
Org-mode is required with a (require 'org).  That should be sufficient.

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte