Re: [O] Agenda search C-c a s

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Agenda search C-c a s
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 08:39:29 -0500

Alan L Tyree <address@hidden> wrote:

> Emacs version 24.2.1 on Debian Wheezy (with emacs24 from Sid)
> Org org-plus-contrib-20130114
>
> I started emacs with the min org file as explained in Section 1.4
>
> C-U M-X org-reload
>
> Loaded an agenda file addr.org and added to agenda
>
> M-x agenda

> Enter a search term in the minibuffer that I know is in addr.org
>
> Obtain the following backtrace:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp t)
>   memq(todo t)
>   (or (eq org-agenda-show-inherited-tags (quote always)) (memq (quote
>   todo) org-agenda-show-inherited-tags) (and (eq
>   org-agenda-show-inherited-tags t) (or (eq
>   org-agenda-use-tag-inheritance t) (memq (quote todo)
>   org-agenda-use-tag-inheritance))))
>   (setq marker (org-agenda-new-marker (point)) category
>   (org-get-category) category-pos (get-text-property (point) (quote
>   org-category-position)) inherited-tags (or (eq
>   org-agenda-show-inherited-tags (quote always)) (memq (quote todo)
>   org-agenda-show-inherited-tags) (and (eq
>   org-agenda-show-inherited-tags t) (or (eq
>   org-agenda-use-tag-inheritance t) (memq (quote todo)
>   org-agenda-use-tag-inheritance)))) tags (org-get-tags-at nil (not
>   inherited-tags)) txt (org-agenda-format-item ""
>   (buffer-substring-no-properties beg1 (point-at-eol)) category tags
>   t))

In my version of org:

Org-mode version 7.9.3d (release_7.9.3d-826-gbe0d87.dirty @
/home/nick/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)

the code (in org-agenda.el:org-search-view, around line 4523) looks like this:

,----
|                             (or (eq org-agenda-show-inherited-tags 'always)
|                                 (and (listp org-agenda-show-inherited-tags)
|                                      (memq 'todo
org-agenda-show-inherited-tags))
|                                 (and (eq org-agenda-show-inherited-tags t)
|                                      (or (eq org-agenda-use-tag-inheritance t)
|                                          (memq 'todo
org-agenda-use-tag-inheritance))))
`----

whereas your backtrace shows that your version is missing the (listp
org-agenda-show-inherited-tags) check.

I believe commit 3c4df588 fixed this bug, so you will need to upgrade.
Or you can work around it by setting org-agenda-show-inherited-tags
to a list as described in the variable's documentation.

Nick