Re: [O] Problem exporting code

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Problem exporting code
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 10:48:03 -0600

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 9:58 AM, Ken Williams <address@hidden> wrote:
> I believe I've figured it out.  I must have an old version of 'htmlize'
> installed somewhere, I 'edebug' traced through the code and fell through to
> this part:
>
>      (when lang
> (if (featurep 'xemacs)
>    (require 'htmlize)
>  (require 'htmlize nil t))
> (when (not (fboundp 'htmlize-region-for-paste))
>  ;; we do not have htmlize.el, or an old version of it
>  (setq lang nil)
>  (message
>   "htmlize.el 1.34 or later is needed for source code formatting")))
>
> I couldn't manage to set up my load-path to load htmlize 'properly' (is
> htmlize not able to be loaded via 'load-path' and 'require'?), but after
> downloading htmlize 1.43 and adding the following to my .emacs, I seem to be
> in business again:

Awesome that you got it going. Do you still have =(require
'org-install)= in your .emacs? ETA: just checked and you do. I checked
as I had an issue with emacs not using the git version of org because
I stupidly had =(require 'org-install)= before my load paths!

The only thing that stuck out to me was this: =(add-to-list 'load-path
"~/share/emacs/site-lisp/org" load-path)=

Is that the proper syntax? Mine (and just checked the org manual)
features this: =(add-to-list 'load-path "~/path/to/orgdir/lisp")=.

I know nil about elisp (see what I did there?), but does that extra
"load-path" at the end of the argument do anything?

Good luck,
John