Re: [O] Problem exporting code

From: Ken Williams
Subject: Re: [O] Problem exporting code
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 07:02:42 -0600

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 1:49 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Thomas and all,

address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> Ken Williams <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> I've been using this:
>>> - http://vgoulet.act.ulaval.ca/en/emacs/mac/

Thanks for the pointer, I was not aware of this distribution.

> Interesting, this Emacs distribution removed Org a few days ago.

This is a wrong move.  Also, the NEWS entry in
http://vgoulet.act.ulaval.ca/pub/emacs/NEWS-mac suggests that Org's
maintainers are recommending to install Org as an external package,
which is a false statement too.

I just wrote to Vincent asking for more details and offering to help
to ease his life as a maintainer for this Emacs distribution.

I also wrote to him and suggested he remove the (require 'org-install) statement from his default.el, because it was causing warnings for people who upgrade org. Perhaps it would be better to change it to a conditional on the version number?

-Ken