Re: [O] Problem exporting code

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Problem exporting code
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 18:37:03 +0100

Thomas S. Dye writes:
> Interesting, this Emacs distribution removed Org a few days ago. I'm not
> certain why the distributor refers to this as "a rather drastic
> measure." From my perspective as a user, whose interests required using
> the git version of Org from the beginning, the Emacs distribution of Org
> has been nothing but trouble, leading to perplexing (for me) problems
> with mixed installs that I would rather have avoided.

That's not an entirely fair thing to say.  Using an Emacs with a built-in
Org version just makes some problems more prominent that maybe you got
away with in the past.

> Installation of the git version is *easy* now, even for someone with my
> limited skills. I didn't have any luck with the ELPA version when it
> first came out, but the ELPA system works great and it seems like an
> ideal channel to distribute Org. So, even a user like me has very little
> difficulty using a non-Emacs version of Org.

Package manager, ELPA and the way it interacts with Emacs' built-in
packages certainly needs some more work.  Right now things might be a
little more rough than everybody would like.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: