Re: [O] Problem exporting code

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Problem exporting code
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 09:39:00 -1000

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Thomas S. Dye writes:
>> Interesting, this Emacs distribution removed Org a few days ago. I'm not
>> certain why the distributor refers to this as "a rather drastic
>> measure." From my perspective as a user, whose interests required using
>> the git version of Org from the beginning, the Emacs distribution of Org
>> has been nothing but trouble, leading to perplexing (for me) problems
>> with mixed installs that I would rather have avoided.
>
> That's not an entirely fair thing to say.  Using an Emacs with a built-in
> Org version just makes some problems more prominent that maybe you got
> away with in the past.

Apologies if I was unfair. I just don't know (perhaps out of ignorance)
how the Org that ships with Emacs has been a benefit to me.

I think you and I have different definitions of "problem". From my
user's perspective, something I "get away with," i.e., that doesn't have
an effect on my work and productivity, isn't a problem.

BTW, it was your build system that helped me recognize I had a mixed
install, so I could finally squash some bugs that had pestered and
perplexed me for a long time. What a relief that was!

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye