Re: [O] How to deal with small projects which are often changing their s

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] How to deal with small projects which are often changing their status/ person
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 22:14:42 +0100

M <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

> At the moment there are many little projects where I
>
> * get a text from someone (or write it myself)
> * have to read and edit it
> * send it oer email to 1 or 2 other colleagues which have to read / edit it
> * get it back and check the changes
> * maybe send the text again to the original author
> * then finally release the text for publication
>
> ... and you imagine, there is not only 1 such text at once but several of
> them.
>
> I wonder what is an approriate way to keep track of such workflows with
> org-mode..

this doesn't sound so different from several programmers working on the
same source code file, so I suspect that GIT is the best and the most
popular solution for collaborative work on plain text files.

If you/your fellow workers don't use GIT or another VCS, there is still
dropbox - put your project text files in your dropbox folder and share
them with other, there are automatic backups of older versions by
Dropbox.

Or you wait for colorg to be released, that would probably fit your
needs exactly

--
cheers,
Thorsten