[O] OT: using ZIP based files with git (was: How to deal with small proj

From: Karl Voit
Subject: [O] OT: using ZIP based files with git (was: How to deal with small projects which are often changing their status/ person)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 11:20:47 +0100

* M <address@hidden> wrote:

> it is not about programming and it is not about plain text files, but MS
> Office (Word) files..
>
> Dropbox is not an option, maybe a document management system (DMS) with
> versioning, but it is not in place yet.

I do not have experience by myself but I've read that other people
are using the git versioning system with ZIP-based file formats (like
docx) as well:

http://tante.cc/2010/06/23/managing-zip-based-file-formats-in-git/
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8001663/can-git-treat-zip-files-as-directories-and-files-inside-the-zip-as-blobs
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3298525/version-control-for-docx-and-pdf