Re: [O] Passing variables between code blocks

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Passing variables between code blocks
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 03:38:10 -1000

Hi Yatam Avital,

Yotam Avital <address@hidden> writes:

> I want to use org-mode for data analysis for my results. I also want to do
> this using small chunks of code blocks for various task. To achieve that. I
> need to pass dictionaries (20 entries of lists, each of several hundreds
> variables, each is a list by itself). I wanted to do so by the #+CALL
> option for example:
>

> * test
>   #+NAME:test
>   #+BEGIN_SRC python
>     vars = dict()
>     vars[1] = 1
>     vars[2] = 2
>     return vars
>
>   #+END_SRC
>
> * caller
>   #+NAME: caller
>   #+HEADER: :var ins=#+CALL: test()
>   #+BEGIN_SRC python :results output
>     print files
>
>   #+END_SRC

You have the wrong syntax.  There is no need for #+CALL: in this
situation.

See section 14.8.2.1 of the manual:

code block without arguments
a code block name (from the example above), as assigned by #+NAME:, optionally
followed by parentheses
          #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :var length=table-length()
          (* 2 length)
          #+END_SRC

hth,
Tom