Re: [O] Compare a timestamp with existing agenda entries.

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Compare a timestamp with existing agenda entries.
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 15:34:07 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

"Nicolas Richard" <address@hidden> writes:

> My use case is to ease the process of filling in a "doodle". I already
> wrote a few lines to import the proposed dates of a given doodle into
> org-mode timestamps (see here: https://gist.github.com/4529894). Atm I
> have to open (C-c C-o) each time stamp to see if there's a clash.
>
> Any comment are welcome ! Thanks for your attention,

Here is what I do.

I have this in my Emacs config:

(setq calendar-mark-diary-entries-flag t)

And I use a simple ~/.diary file containing this:

%%(org-diary :scheduled :deadline :sexp :timestamp) ~/org/rdv.org

That way, each time I open the calendar, days with
scheduled/deadlined/timestamped entries in rdv.org
are highlighted.

This is not perfect because it does not tell the time
of these appointments -- so I just added a new binding
in the Org read date prompt: you can now use `?' to view
the diary entries on the  date the cursor here.

HTH,

--
 Bastien