Re: [O] new exporter, conditional options according to backend

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [O] new exporter, conditional options according to backend
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 21:32:52 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

> Hello,
>
> Ezequiel Birman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Is it possible to write something like this with the new exporter?

>> org-export-current-backend 'e-beamer)) "H:1" "H:3")
>
> There is no `org-export-current-backend' in the new exporter. Besides,
> what you want is the default behaviour (see `org-e-beamer-frame-level'
> variable).
>
>> From what I read in org-export.el the backend is stored in a plist, not
>> sure how to get it's value when exporting.
>>
>> Or, maybe I need to write a filter function to be run from
>> org-export-before-process-hook?
>
> Filters are different from hook. A function in a hook operates on an Org
> buffer. A filter function operates either on a string in output syntax
> or on the parse tree.
>
> If, for some reason, you want to modify export options "on the fly", you
> could create a filter function for parse tree, and modify options plist
> from it:
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> (defun my-options-change-fun (tree backend info)
>   (when (org-export-derived-backend-p backend 'e-beamer)
>     (plist-put info :with-author nil))
>   ;; Don't forget to return tree.
>   tree)
>
> (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-parse-tree-functions
>              'my-options-change-fun)
> #+end_src
>

> Regards,

Sorry for hijacking this thread.  But I am also interested in backend
specific options.  Could you give an example of how to achieve something
like this with the new exporter:

#+begin_src R :results graphics :file (if (and (boundp
'org-export-current-backend) (eq org-export-current-backend 'e-latex))
"foo.pdf" "foo.png")
  plot(1:10)
#+end_src

Thanks in advance,