[O] [patch] org-mobile-edit: Fix "addheading" parent-level bug

From: James Harkins
Subject: [O] [patch] org-mobile-edit: Fix "addheading" parent-level bug
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:53:12 +0800

I've sent some messages to this list about a bug that manifests in
org-mobile (although the cause is in orgmode itself, and is not
specific to org-mobile). One of those messages is a bug report, with
steps to reproduce that do not depend on having MobileOrg set up (so
anyone can look at it, not only MobileOrg users). The bug report
hasn't been processed yet, though (I assume because Bastien and others
are busy).

This is a pretty serious issue for MobileOrg users, so... I have a
workaround, in the attached patch. Tested and works.

I call it a workaround because it doesn't actually fix the root
problem, which is that org-insert-heading-respect-content doesn't do
the right thing when called non-interactively on an invisible heading.
If someone writes a clever lisp function that uses
org-insert-heading-respect-content without explicitly showing the
entry, she will run into the same problem that MobileOrg has now. So
this does not supersede the bug report. It's just a band-aid so that
MobileOrg users' outline structures don't get corrupted when syncing
new nodes from the mobile into Emacs. Unfortunately, I've taken the
issue as far as I can and I just don't understand where
org-insert-heading is going wrong. In any case, corruption of the
outline structure is reason enough to apply the workaround without
waiting for a "real" fix.

hjh

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world