Re: [O] can babel results show time of evaluation?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] can babel results show time of evaluation?
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 20:22:26 +0100

Hello,

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

> I've just pushed this functionality up to the main branch.  To make use
> of it add the following to your Emacs config.
>
>   (setq org-babel-hash-show-time t)
>
> It works for me in some simple tests, and I can confirm that with this
> variable set to nil, I get no new failures in the Org-mode test suite,
> so it shouldn't introduce any problems.

Well, it breaks the parser, somehow. Indeed, it expects from an
affiliated keyword such as #+results: (or #+caption for that matter) to
have only one secondary value. Sexp representation of these keywords is
already very complicated, it will not help to add values ad nauseum.

Also, if you use Org time-stamp syntax, at some point, someone will ask
the parser to be able to parse it. And it won't.

Eventually, it doesn't help to have hash syntax match Org links. This is
confusing.

Therefore, if this feature really has to be introduced, I suggest, at
the very least, to avoid using Org regular syntax for the reference to
time. It would also help to blur distinction between the time and the
hash string. Perhaps something like the following:

  #+results[2013-01-30T20:15:37 hash-string]: name

Thank you.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou