Re: [O] Some advice on how to use babel to generate cisco configs

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Some advice on how to use babel to generate cisco configs
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 01:44:57 -1000

Aloha Bart,
"Bart Bunting" <address@hidden> writes:

> Good morning,
>
> I have been trying to figure out without much luck how to use babel to
> generate some cisco configs.
>

> What I would like to achieve is to have a table containing a few values,
> e.g. ip address vlan number etc.
>
> Then have a cisco config in the org file with markers where the
> substitutions are to be inserted.
> Run through the table and create a node in the org file one for each row
> of the table.
>
> The end result should be a set of cisco configs with the substitutions
> made.  I was hoping to also use shell to call pwgen to generate a
> random password to insert.
>
> Hope that ramble made some sort of sence.

I don't know a Cisco config from a fig newton, but here is my sense of
what you wrote, in case it is helpful.

#+name: cisco-table
| 1 | one   | two  |
| 2 | three | four |
| 3 | five  | six  |

#+header: :results output raw
#+header: :var x=cisco-table
#+begin_src python
  for y in x:
      s = "* Cisco %s \nTwiddle %s, poke %s \n\n" % tuple(y)
      print s,
#+end_src

#+results:
* Cisco 1