Re: [O] no pdf-output in lilypond code blocks

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] no pdf-output in lilypond code blocks
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 18:27:26 +0100

Achim Gratz writes:
> Florian Beck writes:
>> I don't think so. The string evaluates to itself or am I missing
>> something?
>
> If it would fall under "SELFQUOTING" then yes (but I really don't
> understand what the doc string is trying to tell me there and what would
> be used for comparison).

I've looked at this again and I still don't understand the docstring.
I've confirmed that the bytecompiler produces not only a warning during
compilation, but the compiled code won't work, so despite indications to
the contrary the backquotes are indeed necessary.  This means that
either the docstring fails to clearly indicate the necessity of using
the backquotes on string constants or the bytecompiler fails to compile
legal code: I'd suggest you take this example to emacs-bugs and see what
the devs have to say.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: