Re: [O] Problems with org-caldav (wrong-type-argument stringp 47)

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: [O] Problems with org-caldav (wrong-type-argument stringp 47)
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 16:56:29 +0100

Eric S. Fraga writes:
> David Engster <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Sven Bretfeld writes:
>>> Hi David and all
>>>

>>> I've got it. By try and error I found out that entries like these in an
>>> org-file cause the problem:
>>>
>>> %%(diary-anniversary  6 8 1969) Christian is %d years old
>>
>> Ah OK. Thanks for looking into this. Those entries apparently produce
>> events during export but don't seem to get an ID. I'll look into this
>> issue during the next week, when my sinuses have calmed down a bit...
>
> Yes, this is the same problem I was having when I started using
> org-caldav-sync.  I currently have all my sexp based diary entries
> commented out so would definitely appreciate getting this working!

OK, I took a shot at dealing with sexp entries. It's a complicated
issue, since s-expressions can be in Org entries or by themselves. I
updated the Readme with a section on how they are handled now. Please
let me know how it works out for you. If you don't want/need sexp-based
entries in your calendar, just set org-icalendar-include-sexps to nil.

-David