Re: [O] org-copy-subtree

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] org-copy-subtree
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 21:53:04 +0100

On Sat, Feb 02, 2013 at 03:05:37PM -0500, 42 147 wrote:
> I want to copy the text in the subtree, but not the headline. Right now I
> use the following hack:
>
>   (org-narrow-to-subtree)
>   (beginning-of-buffer)
>   (next-line 1)
>   (setq minPoint (point))
>   (copy-region-as-kill minPoint (point-max))
>   (widen)
>
> However, org-copy-subtree would do exactly what I need, IF it did not copy
> the headline. Then I could cut out four lines of the above code.

Well, a sub-tree is defined the headline and any text including other
sub-trees under it.  If org-copy-subtree didn't copy the headline it
wouldn't be doing what the name says would it?  :)

You could always put the above code inside a defun called
org-copy-subtree and load it after you have loaded org.  Then it would
overwrite the original org-copy-subtree and you could keep using
commands like org-copy-special as usual.

Caveat: If some part of org uses org-copy-subtree, that would start
misbehaving.

Of course you always have the option of putting it into
my-org-copy-subtree and assigning a keybinding for it.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu