Re: [O] tagging text, not headlines

From: 42 147
Subject: Re: [O] tagging text, not headlines
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 19:03:01 -0500

Sometimes I forget what org-mode is built on...

It would be nice to keep things in the org-style (e.g., :favorite song: is
preferable to "<--- favorite song," just on rudimentary aesthetic grounds.

But what you suggested will do.

2013/2/4 Bastien <address@hidden>
42 147 <address@hidden> writes:

> I want to avoid over-headlining data.
>
> So in my playlist, I will list the songs as text, rather than as
> headlines.
> The problem is, I'd like to tag, in the following example, "(8) Beata
> Viscera"
> as my favorite composition in the Hilliard Ensemble performance.
>
> ** Classical
> *** Pérotin
> **** Description
>
> Pérotin (fl. c. 1200), also called Perotin the Great, was a European
> composer, believed to be French, who lived around the end of the 12th
> and
> beginning of the 13th century. He was the most famous member of the
> Notre
> Dame school of polyphony and the ars antiqua style.
> **** Performances
> ***** The Hilliard Ensemble
>
> (1) Viderunt Omnes
> (2) Veni Creator Spiritus
> (3) Alleluia Posui Adiutorium
> (4) O Maria Virginei
> (5) Dum Sigillum
> (6) Isalas Cecinit
> (7) Alleluia Nativitas
> (8) Beata Viscera
> (9) Sederunt Principes

Tagging outside headlines doesn't really make sense in Org,
as all tagging-related features need the tag to be on the headline.

But you can still use... plain text + emacs power:

  (8) Beata Viscera <- My favorite song!

M-x occur RET favorite RET

HTH,

--