Re: [O] [ANN] Merge of new export framework on Wednesday

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Merge of new export framework on Wednesday
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 08:41:24 +0100

Hi Eric,

On Tue, Feb 05, 2013 at 11:37:35AM +1030, Eric S Fraga wrote:

> I have been using the new exporter for many tasks but have not
> completely moved over for two: generation of beamer presentations and
> publishing of web pages.  The latter is probably not a major issue for
> me but the former is.  I simply have no idea how to convert my old org
> beamer files to the new exporter as there is no documentation at
> all.  The source code (org-e-beamer.el) is of some help but not enough
> for me to know how to convert, in particular, slides with blocks and
> columns.

I have used the beamer export quite a few times with the new exporter,
and I'm very pleased with it.  I believe there is one backwards
incompatible change, apart from that I think it's mostly feature
enhancements.  I have been trying to write some of the things down as a
Worg article as preliminary documentation, but lately I have been
incredibly busy to make any significant progress.  I started from the
old beamer tutorial as a template on how to structure it.

Usually I also keep an eye out on the mailing list for questions related
to the beamer export with the new exporter (although lately I have been
much less active for the same reasons).

Maybe I should put whatever I have on Worg so that others can work on
it.  I'll try to find some time in the coming two weeks.

Hopefully this is a little reassuring.

--
Suvayu