Re: [O] Worg publishing issue

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Worg publishing issue
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 10:35:06 +0100

Hi Bastien,

On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 09:42:15AM +0100, Bastien wrote:

> > But I see that it is not being published.
>
> I just published it:
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer/org-e-beamer.html

Thanks!

> > I got the following
> > publishing error after pushing my commit.
> >
> > remote: Publishing file
> > /home/emacs/git/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer/org-e-beamer.org using
> > `org-publish-org-to-html'
> > remote: Exporting...
> > remote: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
> > remote: worg publish process 16964 exited at 02/05/address@hidden:01:27
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> 2 problems, a trivial one and a let's-prepare-for-headache one:
>
> 1. `org-publish-org-to-html' does not exist in the new export/publish
>     libraries -- Nicolas, would that be enough to have aliases here
>     (from org-publish-org-to-html to org-html-publish-to-html)?  I
>     guess many people rely on thse org-publish-org-to* functions.
>
> 2. Worg is published using the maint branch of org-mode.git.  Which
>    means that neither the new exporter nor the new way of escaping Org
>    syntax in src code blocks are available...
>
>    My guess is that your file org-e-beamer.org uses the new syntax for
>    src code blocks -- I had to use the org-mode.git *master* branch to
>    publish it correctly.
>
>    We will need to update each begin_src block in Worg in order to use
>    a recent org-mode.git for publishing.

In my file there are no begin_src blocks, however I do have
begin_example blocks like the following:

  #+begin_example
    ,#+LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
    ,#+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [smaller,presentation]
    ,#+BEAMER_THEME: default
  #+end_example

I have not been following the list very closely for the last 5-6 months
(too many deadlines in real life :(), has the above escaping syntax been
changed?

Thanks,

--
Suvayu