Re: [O] org export Taskjuggler

From: Christian Egli
Subject: Re: [O] org export Taskjuggler
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 11:21:12 +0100

> If nothing has been started once the new export framework is installed
> and the early bugs are fixed, I will do the port.

I don't quite understand why we need to "port" anything. The taskjuggler
exporter is different than the other exporters in that it doesn't really
export the content of an org file. Instead it just goes through the
headlines (using the mapping API), takes some to be tasks and reads the
properties of these headlines to build the taskjuggler file. It pretty
much ignores any text that is between the headlines (see also the
commentary in org-taskjuggler.el). In essence it treats the org file as
a tree of nodes with properties that define the tasks, resources and
reports. It doesn't use any of the common (old) exporting
infrastructure. So woudn't a "ported" org-taskjuggler.el look exactly
like to one that we have today?

Thanks
Christian
--