Re: [O] org export Taskjuggler

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] org export Taskjuggler
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 16:13:50 +0530

Christian Egli <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> If nothing has been started once the new export framework is installed
>> and the early bugs are fixed, I will do the port.
>
> I don't quite understand why we need to "port" anything. The taskjuggler
> exporter is different than the other exporters in that it doesn't really
> export the content of an org file. Instead it just goes through the
> headlines (using the mapping API), takes some to be tasks and reads the
> properties of these headlines to build the taskjuggler file. It pretty
> much ignores any text that is between the headlines (see also the
> commentary in org-taskjuggler.el). In essence it treats the org file as
> a tree of nodes with properties that define the tasks, resources and
> reports. It doesn't use any of the common (old) exporting
> infrastructure. So woudn't a "ported" org-taskjuggler.el look exactly
> like to one that we have today?

I am not working on Taskjuggler exporter.  I do have a FreeMind exporter
in the works.

That said, moving the TaskJuggler exporter to new org-export-* APIs -
Nicolas calls them tools - is "a good thing".  Each new exporter,
exercises or emphasizes different aspects of the export infrastructure.
I am sure "porting" TaskJuggler will further solidify the org-export
framework in terms of exposing existing bugs or adding new utilties or
APIs.

        http://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-export-reference.html

If TaskJuggler exporter "just works", then it is good.  The porting task
can be done in an un-hurried manner.