Re: [O] subscribing to this mailing list with gnus

From: Robert Eckl
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 00:38:27 +0100

42 147 <address@hidden> writes:

> How do I subscribe? I haven't been able to find a working address.
>
> Thanks.

The working address should be   "news.gmane.org"
I didn't specify a port-number.

You can add a Server (^^ in the groups-buffer) with gnus-select-method
"nntp" and server "news.gmane.org":

(setq gnus-select-method (quote (nntp "news.gmane.org")))

After opening the server <Space> the list of groups will downloaded
(takes a few minutes) and you can subscribe with "u"

Sure, the experts can explain this better.

HTH

Robert