Re: [O] Structure editing

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Structure editing
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 09:24:10 +0100

Hi Sanjib,

On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 11:06:21AM +0530, Sanjib Sikder wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 2:18 AM, Suvayu Ali <address@hidden>wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 01:27:05AM +0530, Sanjib Sikder wrote:
> > >
> > > Is it possible to have a line between two tress which should not
> > > hide when folded, like the following example ?
> >
> > No this is not possible.  Any text following a headline is by definition
> > a part of the tree and will be folded with it.
> >
> > Maybe if you tell us what you are trying to achieve, we can suggest an
> > alternative?
>
> What I am trying to achieve is an 'ordinary' heading, which is not in the
> beginning of the document but somewhere in the middle of the document,
> before a particular level one heading of a tree. At present the 'ordinary'
> heading gets hidden in the previous tree/subtree.
>
> Unfolded state:
> ===========
> * Heading 1
> ** Heading 1-1
> ** Heading 1-2
> AT THIS POINT, A LINE (heading for the section below) WHICH SHOULD NOT BE
> FOLDED
> * Heading 2
> ** Heading 2-1
> ** Heading 2-2

This sounds a bit superfluous.  Why can't you include that text in the
heading "Heading 2".  I understand what you are trying to do, and it is
not possible with Org (at least not without some dirty hack), but you
still haven't said _why_ you are attempting this.  Is this document
aimed for export to a specific backend, or is it just the way you want
the org buffer to look?  If it is about export to a backend, you should
look for solutions in the backend and not Org.

Hope this helps,

PS: please do not top post, it becomes difficult to follow the
    discussion after a while.

--
Suvayu