[O] Newbie question

From: Ken
Subject: [O] Newbie question
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 07:50:16 -0500

Hello all,

I am a relative newbie to org-mode. Right now I use it for todo lists, I
use it in conjunction with the diary, and I use it for
journaling/note-taking. I am sure I am only using it fo a quarter or
less of what it can be used for. Anyway, my question is rather simple.
<CTRL-.> will allow you to insert a date. However, in my journal I use a
full timestamp. Is there any way using a defined set of keys to insert a
current TIMESTAMP on an entry (say as in a journal entry)?

Thank you
Ken

--
The only thing better than love is milk.