Re: [O] Newbie question

From: Julian Burgos
Subject: Re: [O] Newbie question
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 13:15:19 +0000

Hi Ken,

If you do <C-u C-c .> you will get an active timestamp with date and time. <C-u C-c !> will give you an inactive timestamp with date and time. I also have this code in my .emacs file, so whenever I create a headline I get an inactive timestamp automatically. It should be easy to change to get an active timestamp if you want.

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;Creating new headlines insert inactive timestamps automatically

(defun bh/insert-inactive-timestamp ()
(interactive)
(org-insert-time-stamp nil t t nil nil nil))

(defun bh/insert-heading-inactive-timestamp ()
(save-excursion
(org-return)
(org-cycle)
(bh/insert-inactive-timestamp)))

(add-hook 'org-insert-heading-hook 'bh/insert-heading-inactive-timestamp)

Enjoy!

--
Julian Mariano Burgos, PhD
Hafrannsóknastofnunin/Marine Research Institute