Re: [O] Macro expansion in new exporter

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Macro expansion in new exporter
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 09:04:16 +0100

Hello,

address@hidden (T.F. Torrey) writes:

> Right now, though, it's giving me a small problem: in the export to
> HTML, macro's are not expanded, so I have {{{title}}}, for instance, in
> the HTML output.
>
> I haven't been following the list as closely as I'd like, so I'm hoping
> I missed something relevant in the changeover.
>
> If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate them before I go digging.

Macro expansion happens before export back-ends kick-in, as does Babel
code evaluation and file inclusion through #+include keywords. So the
problem (if there's one) doesn't come from ox-html.el.

On that topic, the main difference with the previous exporter is that
macros are now required to be in a context that can be parsed. Thus, for
example, the following is not a macro:

  ~{{{title}}}~

> Emacs  : GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.6.0)
>  of 2012-12-24 on menkib, modified by Debian
> Package: Org-mode version 7.9.2+ (7.9.2+-GNU-Emacs-24-3 (commit 488eea) @
> mixed installation! /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ and
> /home/tftorrey/.emacs.d/elisp/org/lisp/)

You have a mixed installation. You should perhaps fix this before trying
again.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou