Re: [O] [ANN] Merge of new export framework on Wednesday

From: Nicolas Richard
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Merge of new export framework on Wednesday
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 21:55:50 +0100

> "Sean O'Halpin" <address@hidden> writes:
>> You would avoid having to add document level keywords such as
>> HTML_STYLE and MAN_CLASS_OPTIONS for new exporters. It would be the
>> back-end's responsibility to validate and document these options. My
>> suggestion is really not so different from what the new exporter does
>> anyway. Where we now have =#+HTML_LINK_UP: "..."=, I'm suggesting we
>> have =#+EXPORT: html link-up "..."=.
>
> Honestly, besides the syntax, I don't see any difference.

IIUC, the difference is that #+HTML_LINK_UP and friends are all direct
children of the document in the former case, and in the latter case all
exporter-related options are grouped. An intermediate solution would be
to group all options specific to one backend in #+EXPORT_<backend> (and
in this case, there could be a generic #+EXPORT: that could be used by
every backend). OTOH, most #+keywords statements are meant for the
exporter (there are exceptions) anyway, so this might sound like
premature or over-generalization.

I didn't read the whole thread and do not actually export very often so
might have completely missed the point.

--
Nico.